Friday, July 20, 2007

See what I do for the prawn with Pi water


I bought the prawn from the wet market for S$7 per kg, see ....so much. When I reached home, I soaked the prawns into the pi water, and use the scissor to cut the head and use a stick to take out the shits.



This is the stick I use to clean up the shit in the prawn. The shit can be pulled out in one piece.

See the dirty water. After the cleaning, I packed the prawns into 4 packets respectively, each packets about 15 prawns. I left them in the freezer.

I took out one portion of the prawn from the freezer the next day. You can see the prawn frost, it doesn't become ice block. Those who study will know that only pure water frost. Defrosting is faster than the tapped water.


I prepared the onion and chilli, with some cooking oil, I throwed the prawn into the wok directly without washing the second time. Of course, if you want to wash second time, I have no objection. The food not only fresher, I save a lot of time too.

No comments: